Friday, February 3, 2012

But I don't wanna...

I have the tendency to suck the fun out of things. I start out doing something because I WANT to or because it’s FUN and it instantly turns into something that I HAVE to do. I then continue to force myself to do it for a while and eventually lose interest and even resent it. I do not want this blog to be another example of this.

This morning I don’t feel like writing. I have thought of a bunch of good topics to write about but words just aren’t coming together. Instead I want to enjoy some coffee while doing the crossword puzzle followed by a nice run outside. So that is exactly what I am going to do. Maybe I will write later or maybe I won’t. Right now that inner critic that I talked about yesterday is laughing at me, telling me “how-in-the-world-can-you-call-yourself-a-blogger-when-you-don’t-have-anything-to-say-on-day-three”. Instead of giving it the time of day I am gently reminding myself that there are no rules to blogging. I have a blog, therefore I am a blogger. The End. 

Be kind to yourself. Breaks are important. If you are anything like me, remember to stop and ask yourself if you are doing something because you want to or because you feel like you should. That one word makes a big difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment