Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First blog post- why I decided to join the blogsphere

I have been an avid blog reader/follower for quite some time now. My morning ritual consists of coffee, checking my email and catching up on blogs. I have been fascinated by peoples insight and honestly and have found many blogs truly inspirational and helpful to me. I have toyed with the idea of writing a blog for a really long time but I have been hesitant. You see, I am not a "writer". The last english/writing class I took was in high school ( 2004) and grammar and spelling are not my strong suits. I have worried about sounding ridiculous or just not really having much to contribute.

I am a bit of a perfectionist and care WAY to much about what other people think. I am currently in recovery from an eating disorder, along with issues around anxiety and depression. A big part of this journey for me is learning to let go of who I think I should be and embracing who I really am. It's been a rocky road full of a lot of uncomfortable parts but the clarity I have gained has been worth the work. It's really hard to accept yourself in a culture that has standards and ideals for everything. If you turn on a television, open a magazine or even step outside your door you are faced with an image of what you should be. 

This blog is about my journey to figuring it all out for myself. Each of our paths are different. What works for me, may not work for you. I don't claim to have all (or any) of the answers. Most days I am just trying to keep my head above water. Take everything that I say here with a grain of salt. I am speaking from my experiences and what  is true to me. But this doesn't make it true for everyone.

I am writing this blog for ME. In hope that it will help me along my journey to radical acceptance of myself. I also hope that maybe it will help some other people along the way!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you went ahead and started a blog. That's great! Hope you don't mind if I subscribe. Also, we should do lunch again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if you subscribed. I am still getting a hang of this whole blogging thing but it's a lot of fun. I think we should do lunch again soon as well. :)

    ReplyDelete