1. The human body is forgiving until a certain point, just like people.
2. Love is unconditional and not rational. Thank goodness.
3. The longer you spend walking away from your problems, the longer it takes to walk back and eventually you will have to make that journey.
4. We are all a product of our past, but it will only define us if we let it.
5. Pain and suffering cannot be measured or compared. Pain is pain no matter how insignificant it may seem.
6. Brutal honesty hurts a lot; especially when it comes from those close to us, but is sometimes necessary and where healing begins. Follow it with fierce compassion and you are set.
7. Trust and respect the process. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"
8. Feelings/Emotions are like most things, they come and go. Although overwhelming at times, they won’t last forever.
9. “He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how.”
10. Fear is what keeps us alive but is also what keeps us trapped.
11. “When you know better you do better.”As humans we do whatever we need to in order to survive at the time, no matter what the cost. Once removed from the situation we have two choices: Forgive ourselves and try something new or dwell on the past and react the same.
12. There is no shame in struggle. Period.