Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tomorrow I will embark on a four day adventure full of festivities celebrating one of my best friends marriage. We have been friends since we were four years old and I am completely honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Overall, I am really looking forward to this weekend. However, I am also really nervous. It requires taking a huge step out of my comfort zone, especially on the eating front and I am not sure that I am completely ready for the challenge. 

As I briefly mentioned in my last post, the eating disorder has stolen a lot from me. There have been plenty of events that I have missed out on or have not been completely present at because I was deep into the eating disorder. As difficult as the next four days may be I refuse to allow this to be another one of those instances. This weekend will not be regretted but instead remembered for what it is, a celebration of a great friend getting married. It isn't about me, or even my recovery and although it is going to be challenging, I wouldn't miss it for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment