Thursday, October 11, 2012

Inspiration

I've always collected inspirational and motivational quotes and song lyrics. Whenever I come across something that I really enjoy I always write it down or save it to my computer. For the past year I have been even more adamant about this, hoping that maybe if I repeat them to myself enough they will eventually feel true and replace all of the negativity and non-sense that has been on repeat in my head for years. Today I read this and I smiled. Not just because it was so uplifting but because I believe it 100%. It's not easy to erase years of awful beliefs and on some days it feels like a worthless cause. But self-hatred is completely learned and boy am I thankful for our brains amazing ability to re-learn and do things differently with practice. 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

No comments:

Post a Comment